“… nexus analysis is the mapping of semiotic cycles of people, discourses, places, and mediational means involved in the social action we are studying.”
(Scollon & Scollon 2004)
Nexus Analysis was our chosen theory. Our interview questions were shaped around 3 main connecting areas: Past Experiences, Changes through Time and Technology. These components were used to help shape the format of our movie.
Upbeat and fast – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCVjbWfTuk
The most obvious ones I know are:
- Harry Potter
- Hunger Games
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Help
- To Kill a Mockingbird
– And a whole lot more 🙂
(Note) – Hey guys! This is what I have so far on J K Rowling. More than welcome to add more info as I wasn’t too sure on what kind of info’ we needed on our authors. There is more information on the web so i’ll keep adding along the way…
– Born in Yate, England – July 31st 1965
– She is a graduate from the University of Exeter then moved to Portugal in 1990 to teach English
– In total, Rowling produced 7 books in total for the Harry Potter series
– First three books of the Harry Potter series took over the top three slots of The New York Times best seller list
– By 2000, the first three books in the Harry Potter series earned up to $480 million in the space of 3 years.
– The books printed up to over 35 million in 35 different languages.
– Rowling is now Britain’s 13th wealthiest woman.
– The first film version of Harry Potter appeared in cinemas in November 2011, in the opening weekend in the United States, the film debuted on 8,200 screens and earned around $93.5 million.
– Rowling’s first book for adults was published in September 2012 but was not as successful as the Harry Potter series.